This is a collection of bedtime stories, written and told by me to my little girl.



















Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas In Da Hood

Twas the night before Christmas, the house smelled of cyder
Not a creature was stirring, not even a spider.

The stockings were hung up high for a week.
So the little big nose'ees could not get a peek.

The children were snuggled all up in their beds,
With momma in blond curls and I in my dreads

When out in the street a car alarm started beeping
Stopping dear mother and myself from sleeping.

I was slightly angered to say the least,
So out of bed came the dreaded daddy beast.

I pulled back the curtains and yelled at the street,
"Shut that thing off, we're trying to sleep".

When, what to my swollen red eyes should I see,
A couple of hoodlums looking back up at me.

If you hear a strange noise that you think is St Nick,
You might think again because thieves are quite slick.

They were dressed head to toe in nothing but black,
On the ground at their feet was a big bulging sack.

Their arms were all filled with gifts an a bow,
All lifted quickly from the neighbors Pinto.

They dropped their gifts and off those two flew,
I knew that my sleep for this night was now through.

The cops showed up asking questions like they do,
Filling the streets with flashing lights red and blue.

I went out to tell my account of the story,
While the officer insisted on trying to bore me.

As I looked back at my house into our window,
I saw three little faces in the Christmasy glow.

Then the cop said to me before he drove out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to you, lock your doors tonight".

Told on Dec. 24, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Good day. I've added myself as follower in here. You are more than welcome to visit mine and follow if you want to. I enjoyed the visit. Thank you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete